Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies

These cookies are delicious.

I don't really think I have a problem with my milk supply. I mean...do these cheeks look deprived?

A friend of mine sent me this recipe so I thought I would try it. I love cookies, especially if I can pass them off as "healthy cookies". 

I asked Delia from Delia's Kitchen to help me change the recipe up so it would be a little more healthy. She has some really scrumptious recipes that I have tried and they have all been a hit.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies from Food.com

Ingredients (substitutions in parenthesis)
1 cup butter (organic)
1 cup sugar (1/2 cup organic cane sugar)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (1/2 cup sucanat)**
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 eggs (organic)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup regular)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats (organic)
1 cup chocolate chips
2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast

(2 tablespoons chia seeds)
I love chia seeds...I try adding them to everything!

**This time I did not have any Sucanat, so I did 1/4 cup dark brown sugar and 1 ripe banana**

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar well.
4. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla and mix well.
6. Sift together flour, brewer's yeast, baking soda and salt (and chia seeds).
7. Add flour mix to butter mix.
8. Stir in oats and chips.
9. Scoop onto baking sheet.
10. Bake for 12 minutes. ***
11. Let set for several minutes, then remove from tray.

***I only baked mine for 9 minutes.***

Yields about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.





Hope you enjoy!!

Have you ever made any lactation treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment