Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Renewed and Refreshed

Last weekend I left Ted with his dad for the first time. I was so nervous to leave him, but it was so nice to take some time for me! I mentioned in an earlier post about a friend whose 10 month old son is battling cancer (follow his story here). Another friend planned an outing and rented a cabana for a day. It was so wonderful to spend an afternoon with fabulous ladies and give my friend an afternoon with no worries.


Jason and Ted had a great afternoon bonding too! It was good for them to have some alone time to bond. When I am there, Ted always wants me or if he is fussy, Jason will always hand him to me. This way, they had to fend for themselves and Jason learned he can soothe his son without his mama being there. I left him a bottle (his first one!) and was gone for about 4 hours. I came home and Daddy and Ted were chillin' and watching baseball. I got some time away, Daddy and son had time to bond...I would call it a very successful day. :)


This sweet boy has also gone two nights in a row only waking up once!! Talk about refreshing! I was so worried about him transitioning to his crib so early, but it's a win-win-win all around! Ted is sleeping 5-6 hours at a time, Jason is getting to sleep all night and not be exhausted at work, and Ted is so playful now that he is so much more well rested! So thankful for feeling so renewed and refreshed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment