Then...I see this smile and I know we must be doing something right.
Ted has developed quite the personality the past few months! He is so fun now! He is always smiling and laughing. I would give anything to know what he is thinking sometimes.
He is my stubborn little man for sure! Sometimes I will try to give him his beloved WubbaNub if he's sleepy and he will start screaming and push it away. Then he picks it up himself and plops it in his mouth. Stubborn and so independent. Not sure where he gets it.
He's full on crawling!! Not just scooting and rolling about to and fro, but
Seriously, it's the cutest. He has to get himself all talked up for the big crawl, but once he's ready...he is off!
Way back here I wrote all about my favorite newborn items. Now it's not so much as what my favorite items are, but what are Ted's favorites.
So, here they are...
Ted's Picks 2013
1) The beloved WubbaNub - I love that Ted really loves this now! There is nothing cuter (albeit also stubborn) that he can pick it up himself and put it in his mouth. It also means we all sleep better at night because he can find it himself...unless it mysteriously gets launched out of the crib. Hmm... ;-)
2) Baby Einstein Piano - It doesn't really matter that it's Baby Einstein, it's more that it plays music. Ted really loves toys that light up or where he can push a button and hear music play. He doesn't even have this toy, but he makes a bee line for it when he goes to his friend Bridget's house.
3) Sophie the Giraffe - I didn't really get all the hype of Sophie at first. I bought Ted's on sale and just always put it in his car seat. He ignored it. Around 4 months he must have: a) noticed it was there b) realized he could pick it up and c) was on a mission to get all four legs in his mouth. He is well on his way to accomplishing this goal.
4) Infant Swim Class - Ted could be super grouchy, tired, teething, hungry...it really doesn't matter, but the minute I get out his swim trunks he gets all jazzed and excited! He knows where he is going. He gives out a super cute shout/shriek of joy when we pull in the parking lot of the swim place. The second he gets near the water he is kicking and splashing all around. He loves it and it tires him out! I linked to the place we are at now because they offer free lessons until 7 months and they start teaching Infant Swim Resource from the beginning. Ted has already learned to turn his head up when he goes under water! I know, I know what you are thinking...my son is a genius ;-)
*FYI - If you use us as a referral we both get credit towards future classes!
5) ERGObaby - We've tried other carriers...I've borrowed wraps and slings, and I can't seem to really get the hang of it. Nothing says "awkward new mom" like trying to tie a mile long cloth around you in an airport while your baby is screaming in your face, balancing a million carry-ons and everyone is staring at you and praying they are not sitting next to you on the flight. Soooo...I was pretty darn happy that my big baby could fit comfortably in the ERGO at about 3 1/2 months. He loves it and I love it because we get to shop for about 12 extra minutes.
6) Vtech Rhyme and Discover - This book is really cute and lights up and sings to him aaaand...he actually owns it. ;)
7) iPhone - I really should have listed this first...Ted could be swimming in a pool in the ERGO, with every single toy in the world at his fingers tips and he would STILL make a desperate mad dash for my phone if he sees it. In fact, just tonight he was nursing, saw my phone out of the corner of his eye and seriously jumped up and layed out for the snag.
8) Baby Einstein Activity Jumper - I'm really only partial to this particular one because I scored it at our church's consignment sale for $15! It's in perfect condition and it keeps Ted entertained for all of 17 minutes...that's about 6 minutes longer than anything else. But again, if he saw the iPhone...I'm pretty sure he'd be diving bombing himself out of the jumper for the iPhone.
9) His mama :) Ted loves his toys, but honestly the way he smiles when I walk in the room or follows me with his eyes and now with his crawls tells me I'm still his favorite...maybe it's because I have the goods or maybe it's because it's my iPhone he covets. Either way, I don't really care because nothing can ruin my day when I hear that shriek of shear joy from my little man.
I know I keep saying this, but I can't help it...I'm just so in awe of this kid every single day. I have learned more about myself and the person I want to be in the last six months than I think in my whole life. I can't believe how lucky I am to be his mom. I know there are days that I feel like I might go crazy, but at some point in the craziness Ted seems to know to look up at me at just the right time and my heart just melts all over.
Be still my heart.