Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Currently {9}

Thinking about: Holy Week. I love this week. My favorite week of the Church year leading up to my three favorite days of the Church year. I've loved going to Mass this Lent with Ted. We haven't made it every day, but at least three days a week. He gets all giddy when I get him out of the car to go in. He tries to dodge the blessing from the priest and he gets lots of smiles from all the daily Mass-goers. I can't say I've been able to focus much on the readings or the Homily, but someone once told me even if you are distracted, your soul is being fed. All I know is our days are better when Ted and I get to Mass in the morning. Hopefully the grace continues and we can keep up with a few days a week.

Reading: Just finished Dad is Fat...finally. Still trying to grapple through Love and Respect...slowly, but surely I will (maybe) get there.

Watching: We just started watching Mad Men on Netflix. I don't know how I missed this show or why I'm about six years late to the party, but I love it! Love the time period...all the ladies smoking and drinking while pregnant. Makes me wonder how we ever made it. ;-)

Listening to: A sweet little Lent playlist I made awhile ago. Like I said, I love this time of year and I love Lent worship music. 

Just a few of my favorites...
Beautiful, Scandalous Night
Savior King
Wonderful Cross
How Deep the Father's Love for Us
The King He Comes by Ike Ndolo
How He Loves Us
From the Inside Out
Love is Here

Thankful for: Family. We just got back from visiting Jason's family in Washington. We had a great time introducing Ted to Jason's aunts, uncles and cousins. We also went to the zoo and aquarium. Ted loved seeing all the fish! Of course, this just made me miss my family in Iowa all over again. Always feeling pulled...Iowa or Arizona? Time will tell, I guess. ;-)






2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! Wish my currently looked like yours. Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete