Jason told me to get him some "breakfast stuff" for the mornings before work to try to dispell a recent donut problem. The real problem...Jason doesn't like breakfast food.
Jason: Can you pick me up some breakfast stuff for the mornings?
Me: What do you want? You don't like cereal, hot oatmeal, yogurt. You don't like breakfast food...
Jason: (interrupts) I like pancakes and bacon.
So, there you go. Problem solved...as long as I make him pancakes and bacon every day, we are Good. To. Go. Yeah, good luck with that one, babe.
I found this recipe and thought it was worth a shot for "breakfast stuff". As always, I made some adjustments. :)
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Line 24 baking cups in a cupcake tin.
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats (I used half old-fashioned, half sprouted oats)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (any nut butter will work)
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups water (may be a little more or less, basically to soak the oats)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp flax meal (soak in 4 Tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
You can eat right away, refrigerate or freeze. They are super yummy after 15-20 seconds in the microwave.
Now, the real test...
Some changes I will make for the next time:
- No oil
- Use 1/2 cup almond butter instead of peanut butter
- Add dried blueberries or cranberries
These were soooo easy to make and tasty too!!
Anyone else have a delicious and healthy breakfast recipe to share?