Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Currently {12}

Thinking about: Life on a budget. Since I am not teaching full-time, we've had to really look at our spending and budgeting. I must say it is stressful at times and really tries my own personal spending habits, but I am actually grateful for this time in our life. As Dave Ramsay would say, "Live like no one else, so you can one day live like no one else." It's really helped me focus on our needs and to be thankful for the blessings we already have. We don't need lots of "stuff". I love this stage in our life and marriage because we are teaching Ted valuable life lessons about what we truly matters. 

Reading: So I think I know how to get over my recent illiteracy. This book. 1) I'm a long-time, die-hard fan of the Orig. Beverly Hills 90210. 2) I love, love, love the trials and tribulations of the "rough lives" of the rich and famous. Once Jason Priestley gets me out of my non-reading funk, I might have to move on to this one next ;-)

Watching: The last few episodes of this season of Grey's Anatomy. I loved that they brought Dr. Burke back! I was secretly hoping Christina would run off with him, but I like how they did it. 

Also watching Survivor! I love Survivor and I am such a nerd about it that I am even in a Survivor pool...generally I'm a solid 4th place finisher, but this season I'm currently in third place and making my move to the top! What's the prize, you ask? Oh, nothing but my pride and bragging rights to other nerds in the group...yes, yes, I know this makes me nerdier!

Wishing: Wishing, hoping, praying for plane tickets to Iowa to go down! I always go to Iowa in June to visit family and attend a yearly camping weekend with friends. Right now tickets are crazy expensive. I can't imagine missing the camping weekend, so I'm praying for these prices to go down! I am also really excited for Ted to be (hopefully) walking and playing in the green, green Iowa grass.

Thankful for: These squishy, squishy cheeks. I seriously can't even handle how cute they are. When Ted was first born, his cheeks were the first thing the doctor mentioned! They've been so squishy and kissable since the day he was born. 



A Mama Collective

3 comments:

  1. Your baby's cheeks are the cutest! I seriously need to catch up on both Grey's and readying myself! And girl, you are not alone on the whole life on a budget thing - but yes, I love the Dave Ramsey quote too!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I tell you how much I enjoyed your daybook? What a lovely peek into your family thru photo and commentary! Thank you so much for sharing.
    The pics, book rec and link to your camping post were fun to look into. ( We're campers too and I do need tog et going on planning this July's cross country trek...)
    LOVE your baby pics...boy do I miss that age.

    God bless
    Visiting from CWBN on FB
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete