Sunday, August 18, 2013

Five Favorites {4}

1. This guy's birthday this week. We were supposed to have an awesome birthday breakfast bike ride, but flat tire instead. Boo...we still got to go out for breakfast at The Farmhouse. It was delicious, but I think Liberty Market is better. I made homemade pizza and dessert crepes for his actual birthday. Yum yum...

2. Everyone is starting back to school this week. Teachers, students...everyone except THIS girl! People keep asking me if I am missing teaching. It was always sooo hard giving up summer, now I can't even imagine leaving Ted all day long. But, I guess there are some parts I miss. I loved the teachers I worked with, the comradery, the gossip on the playground. I loved the kids I have taught and the silly things they would say every day. I miss that. Most of all, I am so grateful to be able to stay home with my son. It will take some adjusting and sacrifice, but I can't think of anything more worth giving up the unnecessary "stuff". I am really excited for an opportunity to work from home and I am super excited to get started!

3. I got my first and second Citrus Lane box! They had a two for one promotion, so I got two months for $25! The July box was great! It had an A+A burpy bib and this adorable travel mobile. Ted loves it! I love that it is easy to attach. I was not so impressed with the August box, so I'm pretty happy it was two boxes for $25.
4. I've been back to the gym for a few weeks now. I am doing a Couch to 5K program. I'm just starting week 4...in a few more weeks I'll be ready for a 5K and hopefully my jeans will fit again. ;-)

5. This kid...I just can't express enough how much this kid brings such joy to my heart. If you've been reading my blog, you read about our dear friend's son who passed away last week. I'm still at a complete loss. I've been really focusing on taking in every single moment with Ted and taking nothing for granted. It goes by so fast and we just never know. This week I was reminded that Ted is on loan to us and I need to cherish every single moment.
those cheeks...

 i love how he grabs my hand and won't let go
hopefully he never gets tired of my kisses ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Awww. He's so perfect! And you are a perfect mommy! And wife!! Great job on the birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete