Friday, August 2, 2013

Five Favorites {2}

Linking up with Hallie for my Five Favorites this week.

1. This past weekend, our son was baptized at our church. It was such a special day! He was baptized by our parish priest. He also presided at our wedding and when my husband joined the church earlier this year. I've known him as long as I've lived here, almost 12 years, so it was so special to have him baptize our son! (Check out his sweet ponytail!) Ted's baptism outfit was adorable! I didn't want a three piece suit for an infant and I couldn't find a gown that I really liked that was gender neutral. A friend told me about her son's romper that was Irish linen. I googled it and found this. It was perfect! I love that it is simple and I love the St. Brigid cross on the collar. We will definitely keep this in our family for many years to come.


2. We've been researching cameras and we finally decided to buy this one. We bought it just in time for Ted's baptism. It has been really fun learning how to use it. I love how great the pictures are! Jason is pretty excited about it and likes being artsy with his picture taking. Can you tell?


3. I've never been a dieter. We try to eat healthy, but I could never adopt a diet like Paleo. Mostly because I LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm pretty sure no bread and cheese allowed. I did come across this delicious recipe. I'd call it "Zucchini Bruschetta". It was delicious and super easy to make. Slice zucchini in a pan. Put sliced tomatoes on top. I drizzled it with balsalmic, olive oil and minced garlic. Add mozzarella or parmesan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Seriously amazing!

4. Some of my favorite girls from Iowa and I started a traveling journal about 10 years ago. Sadly, our first one got lost in the mail. :( We started a new one about 6 months ago and it FINALLY made it's way to me! When we started it, we were all in different states I think. Iowa, Oregon, Illinois, Minnesota, Arizona and maybe New York? Now, four are in Iowa, one in Minnesota and one in Arizona. I am so excited to start writing in this! I keep hearing the music from the Sisterhood of Traveling Pants in my head. I love that we do this and it's just one more way we try to stay connected.

5. This little guy has had a cold for the past few days. The cold is obviously not a favorite, but these snuggles are for sure!



Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment