Monday, August 19, 2013

Citrus Lane

I've been wanting to try Citrus Lane for awhile now. I've been seeing posts of people super excited about their boxes...new toys and products to use for their little one. Jenna, over at A Mama Collective is doing a Battle of the Boxes reviewing three different monthly subscription boxes...Citrus LaneStork Stack, and Bluum

I was even more intrigued.

Then I got a promotional email for Citrus Lane...two months for the price of one!

I love, love, love a deal.

So I placed my order and waited ever so patiently.

Soon my boxes arrived, one right after the other! The cute boxes with the yellow stripe are almost enough to gush over.

July Box

  • Aden + Anais Burpy Bib ($9.95) I love these burpy bibs and I love anything from this company! I have their swaddle blankets, sleep bags, bibs, lovies, and a list of wants. I was super excited for another one of these!
  • Pack & Go Mini Mobile ($14.95) I have never seen this before and I love it! Even better, Ted loves it! I can hear him laughing and swinging the mobile around in the car. I love that it is so easy to clip on and off his car seat.
  • Little Buddy Wipes ($2.95) These are nice because they are easy to pack in the diaper bag. Can't say I would continue to buy them, but nice to have.
  • nurturmeals This is a sample of dried organic food. Ted's not ready for solids yet, but I'll keep it around and maybe try it. I think you can use it to replace rice cereal.
  • Aden + Anais Mum and Bub Ointment This is also a sample. I've always wanted to try this stuff and as I said earlier, I love everything from A+A!!

August Box


  • Rich Frog Little Stacker ($12.95) So, this looked pretty cute, but it's actually kind of lame. The velcro on it is really weak and I envision this becoming one of the dog's toys...he already dragged it to the living room twice. When I looked up this company, I really wish this would have been in the box instead! I mean, how cute are these? Not impressed with the stacker.
  • Cleo's Alphabet Book ($6.95) This is a pretty cute board book. Ted's starting to really like looking at books too!
  • Ah Goo Baby Bottle Strap ($10.49) This is actually pretty cool! You put it around baby's bottle/sippy cup and then attach it to their car seat or stroller. If they drop it or throw it...stays off the ground. The prints are really cute too!
  • Clean Well Hand Sanitizing Wipes ($5.24) Well, since I got sanitizing wipes in the previous box, I wasn't too jazzed about this at all. :-/
  • Weleda Calendula Natural Baby Cream This was a sample, but not a cute little tube like the Mum+Bub...several of those annoying packs you have to open and only use once because you have to tear them open. I am sure this is a great product, I just don't like samples like this.

So, I'm happy with my Citrus Lane boxes, but only because I got a month free. The only products I am really excited about are the A+A burpy bib, Pack and Go Mini Mobile, and possibly the Ah Goo Baby bottle strap. I never would have paid $10 for it, but since I have it I will probably use it. 

Overall, I'm not really that impressed with these boxes. I was hoping for more toys or activity things for Ted and less product. Am I missing something? For those of you who have raved about your boxes, what do you love about them? 


I am really excited to see what Jenna at A Mama Collective gets in her other boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment